Monday, October 5, 2009

My Thoughts on Wikitravel

I really dig the concept of Wikitravel. While not a big traveler myself, I got some good exposure to the concept with a travel writing class I took last semester. For one assignment in that class I had to look at various travel guides and compare them against each other. One revelation I took from that exercise is that timely access to information is a life saver for travelers.

There are instances when travelers need info quick and can't be bothered to fish around brochures which may or may not have the answers. Wikitravel cuts out all the hassle and places valuable travel info in one concise, easy to navigate place. And with the constant updates travelers can be sure that info on the site is relevant, a claim which brochures can't always deliver on.

No comments:

Post a Comment